Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Following a Blog - Day 1 Intro & Observation

So for the next essay I am writing I will be following a blog and writing on my findings. I will be looking at aspects such as community, topics, comments, etc. Due to the fact that I am interested in internet marketing, and have been for awhile, I chose John Chow's blog, which can be found at http://www.johnchow.com/. The reason I chose John Chow's blog is because he is someone that has made a lot of money using internet marketing. He is not selling a get-rich-quick book, only telling his story about how he used internet marketing to make money, and eventually live off it. He has made various websites and makes a lot of money! Why read a blog where the author makes $100 a month, when you can read one where the author makes $30,000 a month.

That's right on my first day of observing, November 3rd, John posted a blog income report. This shows the money that he is making solely from his blog. He breaks it up into different categories so you can get an idea of the type of programs he is using. The majority of his income comes from affiliate ads (where companies pay him per click or a percentage per sale), private ads (where comopanies pay a monthly fee to appear on his blog), and ReviewMe (where people pay him to review there site on his blog). The grand total for the month of October: $34,350.93. The possibilities of the internet are amazing!

No comments: